Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Reggio Emilia

I have heard about Reggio Emilia a little bit throughout the past couple of years but it wasn't until I taught at Smoky Row Children's Center that I became more interested in it. One of the full-day program classrooms incorporated many RE ideas into their room and I was so inspired by it.

Recently, in my Guidance and Curriculum class, we were shown a video about a preschool in Northern California called Roseville Community Preschool. This school is ran by a lady named Bev Bos. This isn't the exact video we watched in class, but it is close. It showcases the amazing job she has done at creating a very RE inspired learning environment for children. Please take a minute and watch, the background music is upbeat! I would love to visit this school one day. Maybe even send my children there...oh wait, I don't have children....and I live in Ohio...but a girl can dream! :)



For more information about Reggio Emilia, this website offers great FAQ's.
Reggio Alliance of North America

I also came across this blog....check it out if you have the time.
Beauty In The Eyes of a Child

No comments:

Post a Comment