Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome To My Blog

Hello! My name is Ashley, and I am a 25 year old student at Columbus State Community College. I decided to come back to Columbus State this year to pursue an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education. I currently have my Associates Degree in Arts, but after much thought, I realized that I couldn't ignore my calling to teach. I knew I wanted to teach from the time I was a small child. I had wonderful teachers every single year throughout Elementary School, and was especially inspired by my art teacher to be daring, creative, thoughtful and explore the world and truly appreciate the beauty it possesses. I was lucky enough to have wonderful school experiences throughout my childhood, and I would love to be able to help make that happen for many other children.

I considered Art Education for many years, and have not completely ruled out that career. However, I have decided that I would like to pursue my bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, (hopefully!) find a job teaching kindergarten, and then, at a later point in time, go back to school for my Master's Degree in Art Education, and see where life takes me.

I would like to transfer to Miami University next fall, and after I graduate, I am open to moving anywhere in the US to teach....or possibly to another country. I am a free spirit and wherever the wind blows, I will go and make the best of it.

My interests include spending time with my boyfriend of (almost) four years. We love to go on adventures together, including ziplining, roadtrips, running in 5k's together (including really awesome runs like The Color Run and Mudathlon), spending time with family, going out to different restaurants around town, enjoying sporting events as well as playing sports, and spending time with our two parrots, Marley and Jay (pictured below). They are white-bellied Caiques, and have huge personalities! I also love listening to music, and watching movies. I love romantic comedies, and Robin Williams is my favorite actor, so any movie with him in it I am a fan of.
Jay (left, 1 year old) and Marley (4 years old) both love walnuts.
I also really love art. I enjoy photography, drawing, painting and design - whether it is on the computer or by hand. I live a very colorful life - color is very important to me. I love to be surrounded by beautiful patterns and designs, and enjoy picking out things that reflect my personality! I always carry a wide variety of colored pens and markers, because I always like to incorporate color whenever and wherever I can. 

I have three sisters and one brother. I love having a big family! One sister lives in Michigan, one lives in Cincinnati and my two other siblings live here in Columbus. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! Love your blog! It has a nice theme, its organized, and it looks as though you will keep it updated often. I look forward to reading it.

    -Your classmate from EDUC 2220,

    Jacob Wheeler
    http://jacobsspaadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete