Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pinterest In The Classroom

1. What did I learn from the Pinterest activity? How does it relate to what I have learned about UDL, lesson planning, and differentitation?

Pinterest is such an amazing resource because it gathers ideas from all over the world from a greatly diverse population of people. It is an excellent way to compile curriculum from a variety of sources that can encourage learning in multitudes of way to meet the needs of all students. Since they are all just ideas, they can inspire the teacher and then the teacher can tweak them in ways to better fit the individual needs of her own students in her lesson plans.

2. How do you believe you will utilize Pinterest as a teacher?

I will definitely use Pinterest as a means of inspiration, and also a way to stay organized. I will categorize my boards according to subject matter, and use Pinterest as  a way to connect with other educators around the country. I can comment on and re-pin their ideas, and they can do the same for me. It is a great way to share success with others and feel like a part of a larger community.

3. What are the strengths of Pinterest?

It is organized well, and very easy to use. I just love to whole idea of Pinterest - I can't remember what it was like before it! It is so genius to gather ideas from all over the internet into one easily accessible place. I thank whoever invented Pinterest :)

4. What are some of the challenges of Pinterest?

Sometimes pins are not linked correctly, and lead to faulty websites which can be frustrating - but then it can always be Google-d if it's really that important. Also, it can be challenging dealing with a Pinterest addiction. In addition, sometimes I find myself pinning tons of ideas - but never actually doing them - so it would be very beneficial to actually incorporate ideas from Pinterest into the classroom instead of just always browsing new ideas but never doing anything with them!

5. What comments, questions, thoughts, opinions, and/or feedback do I have about Pinterest?


Overall, I am a huge fan on Pinterest. I love it, it inspires me to try and be a great teacher one day. It also is just a daily inspiration for all of my life - from living a healthy lifestyle to inspiring me to do more art. It's fun to see my friends boards because it reveals things about them that I might not have otherwise known. It allows me to look further into things that interest me, and share what I find with others in my daily life. I can't even count the times I say, "I saw this (blank) on Pinterest...." and it will lead to discussion and conversation.

My Pinterest account can be accessed by this link:

Ashley's Pinteresting Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment