Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ohio DL Schools

If I had absolutely no other choice but to send my future child to an e-school, I would send them to:

This is the only e-school in Ohio that was rated "excellent", as well as being the only virtual public school to be recognized by the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA). In order to receive this accreditation, they had to meet twelve standards of distance education, and they did not just meet these standards, but exceeded them. They also use  programs developed by leading educational publishers such as Calvert School and Prentice Hall. Their website is professional, informative, and very easy to use. 

I would be very cautious about sending my child to an e-school, but I would feel confident in my choice to send them to this one if I had to because I feel like they would receive quality education by qualified teachers, and even though they would not have the socialization that a traditional public school could offer, I would do my part as a parent to make sure they attended all the field trips, and any other social plans to meet with other students and their families.

There is no chance that I would ever send my child to:
I found this statistics at PlunderBund which justs lays the groundwork for my reasoning to not send my child to this school.


  • Has had consistently flat or declining test scores for a nine year period
  • Has graduation rates of below 35% over that entire time (consistently 20 points lower than Cleveland Schools’ scores)
  • Has attendance rates that are consistently below the state average
  • Has student achievement scores that are significantly below state averages
  • Received 36% more in per pupil funding than the state average
  • Is run by an unlicensed superintendent and unlicensed assistant superintendent who are each being paid over $100,000 per year (above statewide averages)
  • Pays teachers are paid an average salary of $34,450, well below the state average of $55,812.


  • I would not send my child to this school knowing these things. I would not be swayed by their website and all their fancy promises - I would do my research and find out the truth, and knowing the truth about this school confirms my choice.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment