Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Final Lesson Plan

For this lesson plan assignment, I decided I wanted to imagine I was an elementary art education teacher. I came across this project idea while browsing blogs, and thought it would be a great way to teach the children about the elements and principals of design since it including so many of them. I chose to focus on third and fourth graders because it is at that age that the kids are really beginning to show their interests and can really dedicate themselves and focus on a project for an extended amount of time. It would definitely be challenging, but the sense of accomplishment after completing it would be motivation to have confidence in themselves and their abilities. There are so many different aspects to it, different media and techniques, that it would provide learning experiences and interesting discoveries during the entire process. 

Challenges I could possibly see arising would be helping the less motivated students to persevere and not give up. Because this project is so involved, I could see a student getting discouraged early on, and not wanting to finish. Also, helping students who may be motivated but not entirely confident in their abilities. I would do my best to encourage, inspire and motivate these students and help them understand that with art, it's not about being perfect, comparing their work to another peer's work, it's about the process, what can be learned along the way, and how overcoming obstacles in their art can help them overcome obstacles in other areas of their life. 

This is a PowerPoint I created to show my students the process of the project.

This Prezi would be used as a pre-assessment or review before we begin the project. 

This is a student example of a post-assessment, asking them to "show" me what they know about the elements of design using Google Drawing. They would be allowed to work with a partner to create this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment